Mattachu's Blog

Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Japan - Days 39-41

Monday was pretty average, lab-wise. I gave my Japanese presentation about the happiest day of my life. I wrote it about the day my ex-girlfriend/current close friend came to stay for the summer, though I adapted it in places to make sure I used the target grammar. Although I knew the speech beginning to end, I hate giving presentations so I couldn't make eye contact and I hesitated a little. Still, I got a decent mark for it, so that's something :-) I had to leave Japanese class half-way through to attend a lecture about handling lab animals. It was all in Japanese so I couldn't really understand Then in the evening, one of my friends called me up in the night and we went to get some ice cream and hung out for a little while, which was nice
Tuesday was a long day. Went and paid my rent in the morning - that's about 14,000 yen. Ouch. In Japanese class we did some preparations for the mid-term test, just going over little bits and pieces of what might be in the test, as well as a couple of drills. In the lab, I did a couple more PCRs/gels, one of which took until 9pm. During the last PCR, I got together with one of my friends in my Japanese class and we wrote our presentation for mid-term orals. We're going to recommend people to go to the karaoke place - Cybex XD Also during the PCR, I managed to write another poem:

To A Crush

I write these words despite the fact I'm sure you'll never see,
I want to know the truth about the way you think of me,
Afraid to put my heart on show and tell you how I feel,
But wondering if these emotions could become more real,
When we first met I thought you fair, but beauty can mislead,
Therefore I wished to know you, so your true self I could read,
Now, since I your acquaintance made, a month has gone behind,
And from our time together, I see you are fun and kind,
Yet still I feel you treat me with some mild indifference,
Which makes me wonder how I may have caused any offence,
If, maybe, I came on too strong, I do apologise,
For it was unintentional; I did not realise,
But with this feeling of unease, I wonder what to do,
If there is hope of something more than just friendship with you,
I'm sure you'll never read this, but I write these words sincere,
For if I had the courage, I would speak for you to hear.

Today, I had a test in both Kanji class AND Japanese class. Checking after the test, some of my pronunciations in the Kanji test were off, but I think when it came to writing them, I had them down well enough. The Japanese test was listening and grammar today (we have more on Friday/Monday), so I think I did fairly well, at least. When I got back to the lab, I had to go to the mouse room and clean out cages. I have to cut some tails by the end of the week, but I really didn't feel up to it today, so I decided to leave it until tomorrow. While I was waiting for one of my PCRs today, also managed another poem, inspired by one a friend had written and shown me this morning:

Take My Hand

Come, take my hand this moonlit night,
Find in yourself the strength to fight,
The loneliness that shrouds your heart,
As we, from this dark place, depart,
And fly together to the stars,
Where we forget those painful scars,
That flaw our past, but now no more,
As through the endless sky we soar,
Forever; we don't have to land,
So darling, sweetheart, take my hand.

That's about it for my day today. Maybe I'll get an early night as I've been tired lately, but chances are, I probably won't ^^' Pokémon and MSN are calling me XD Ciao for now
[Edit: After I blogged, my friend called up and asked if I wanted to hang out, so we did for a few hours until around 2am]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home