Mattachu's Blog

Monday, September 13, 2010

Japan - Day 18

2 months until my birthday! :-D
Today was a pretty good day again ^^ Despite having to get up really early (after a late night) to go to the 9am seminar with my lab group, meaning I was tired all day ^^' I did get some pumpkin Pocky at the 7-Eleven before catching the bus though :-D I was introduced to another guy from my lab who wasn't around last week. He said 'ohayo gozaimasu' to me, but I fumbled and said 'konnichiwa' back, which made some of the girls giggle ><>< I was so embarassed, because it means I've wasted a few days of work. Still, now I know where I was going wrong, so I've set about amending it
After I left my DNA to dry, I went along to a TISA meeting where people are supposed to practice their Japanese. As it turned out, a lot of people were huddled together speaking English ^^' After about half an hour, they took votes for whether to eat at a curry place or an okonomiyaki place - okonomiyaki won :-D However, here comes the interesting part - most people had bikes to go on, whereas I didn't -_- Therefore, I had to walk to the convenience store near the restraurant and someone was going to collect me. The guy in charge asked if I could make it there in 25 minutes. I don't know how long it took, but thanks to a little shortcut I took, I managed to keep up with them, as they were going fairly slow and stopped to pick up a few people at a couple of places. I managed to impress everyone however - one guy said I was 'a gazelle in human form' XD Still, it did make me think about taking up running again
In the okonomiyaki place, unfortunately we were at regular tables rather than the ones with the hot plates on them, but still, it was nice. Our orders took a while to come in, but when they did, my one (a 'beef stamina' okonomiyaki) was damn massive! A couple of people tried a mouthful of it, and I had some trouble eating all the rest. Nevertheless, I persevered and it was delicious :-) Definitely got my money's worth! Almost at the end of the meal, someone mentioned that there was rain on the way, and then we started to hear thunder. When we got outside, it was indeed raining, complete with very frequent flashes of lightning (though the rain wasn't as heavy as the last time, thankfully). I half-jogged, half-walked back to my dorm, stopping at the combini for a drink of grape-flavoured Calpis on the way, and now here I am :-) I finished my Japanese homework, which wasn't too bad once I got down to it, so now I can get a good night's sleep, if no-one gets online in the next 15 minutes or so. So yeah, a good day :-)
Night all ^^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home