Mattachu's Blog

Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Japan - Day 12

Today's been a pretty good, if costly day ^^'
First off I got my shower, during which time there were 2 announcements over the sound system, neither of which I really understood. Then I stood waiting for the bus to come, and proceeded onward to the lab. I was intending to talk to my supervisor about my project, but he wasn't in his office when I passed by, so I'm going to try again tomorrow
In the morning, I was shown the protocols for the spectrophotometre (to check the concentration of DNA), and for precipitating DNA, which I remember having done at Manchester, and Hockerill I think. These were pretty straightforward, but my pellets of DNA are drying out overnight so I can use them tomorrow afternoon
At around midday I went to the International Students Centre to get my Japanese results. Turns out I'm in class J300, and for kanji I'm in K400, which surprised me. Jen's not in my class (yet, I'll explain further down), which is a little sucky right now. Turns out I have to take 5 classes, one a day, plus optional kanji which I want to take. My supervisor said I should only take 2-3 classes a week, so I need to talk to him urgently now ><><><><
Well, that's about it from me. Early start tomorrow so I better go now. Night all :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home