Mattachu's Blog

Monday, August 30, 2010

Japan - Days 2-4

Sorry for not posting all weekend, I never thought that the International Students' Centre would be closed on the weekend -_- Still, I have internet in my room now so yippee :-D
Anyways, Saturdaaaay *thinks* Walked around campus a few times, racking up about 30,000 steps on my pedometer (bear in mind that the recommended number per day is only 10,000), and went into the computer room next to the lab a couple of times to check my e-mails quickly. I got bored so I went in for some retail therapy - there's a Book Off in Tsukuba so I went and bought me a manga XD Then in the evening, I bumped into a friend who invited me to come along with a few people to go to the Tsukuba Matsuri (festival), which was pretty impressive. For anyone who reads manga/watches anime, it's the festivals where a lot of girls dress up in a yukata/kimono and they have stalls lining the street. There was a parade and fireworks too which was pretty nice.
On Sunday, I did a bit more walking around and exploring, then came back to my room and started reading my new manga, translating the words I didn't understand onto some flash cards. Then Jen came and found me, used my pass code to get into my building XD She told me about a party going on that night and we agreed to meet later in the evening. Then another friend came and asked if I wanted to go down to the matsuri again ^^' Anyway, after a bit more translation, I went out to wait for Jen, and a bunch of us waited around for the 'party', but it never happened ^^' Then Jen showed me a little 100 yen store behind my dorm (which I'm very grateful for)
Monday was orientation. I quickly checked my messages on the computer in the International Student Centre, before phoning my tutor from a pay-phone to make sure he knew when and where the orientation was today. Orientation was long and slow >< But at lunch break I had some nice noodles and curry :-) After orientation I signed up for the Japanese placement test on Wednesday (must study for that), handed in some paperwork at the accommodation office, then came back to set up my internet, which works fine :-D
Well, that's about all there is to report, except I've started having dreams more frequently again for some reason. I need to sort out my schedule now because it's going to be pretty hectic I think. So that's all from me for tonight :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home