Mattachu's Blog

Sunday, September 05, 2010

Japan - Day 10

Today started out slow, but now it's over it feels like it went too quickly
For starters, I woke up at about 6.50am, and me being me, didn't think to go back to sleep, just got up and turned on the computer to talk to my friends who were still in Saturday-land. During this time, I read another big chunk of To Kill A Mockingbird. At the time of writing, I'm in the middle of the courthouse scene, and Bob Ewell's about to testify. After waiting for 10 o'clock, I talked to Jen and we decided to meet a bit later, when she'd finished what she was doing. Once she said it was okay for me to come, I went to grab a quick breakfast from the 100 yen store (they're going to start recognising me if I keep going in there ^^') then, as the bus outside Oikoshi was going to be a long time coming AGAIN, I walked across to Hirasuna and caught the bus from there, AGAIN. This time, however, I got off a stop later so I was right next to Jen's dorm. After calling to her for a few minutes, she finally heard me and let me in
I sat reading her book of Japanese fairytales (with Russian translation, which was of no use to me, obviously lol) while she worked on a drawing, then we went for a short walk along to the stable again, but still didn't see any horses v.v We then checked out the small combini a little further up the road, before going back and chatting in her room for another half hour
At around 3pm, I got up to leave and walked over to the bus stop. Unfortunately the bus was going to be a while, so I walked along to where I had to be, partly so I wasn't sitting idle, and partly to kill time until 3.30, when I was meeting my tutor to go to the barbecue. I reached the building at about 3.30, but the card my supervisor gave me didn't work to let me into the building, but as luck would have it, about 5 minutes later, another guy from my lab walked by and told me my tutor was on his way, and sure enough, a couple of minutes later, he did. We then walked along to a patch very near to my dorm, and waited until the rest of the people from the lab showed up with the barbecue stuff
After setting everything up, it turns out we had quite a lot of food. First off we had clams, then cow's tongue, then crab, then a fish called shishamo, then something which they said was like a mussel but which had the shell of a snail, and then some fried cabbage and beansprouts. A lot of them were drinking beer, and when my supervisor arrived he said that, although I was underage, I would still be allowed to drink. I still decided to stick with juice though, although he insisted I tried a bit of sake and a drink made out of fermented potatoes. We also talked a little about why I was studying biology, and what sort of poetry I write. Then at about 9ish, people started to leave so I decided that once I'd helped tidy up a little, I'd be on my way
I'm absolutely knackered now from a long day, so I'll probably sleep soon as I have an early start tomorrow - meeting at 9am >< Ciao for now ^^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home