Mattachu's Blog

Friday, September 03, 2010

Japan - Day 8

I'm feeling really tired all of a sudden, so I NEARLY forgot to post tonight, but luckily I remembered before going to sleep
Once again I woke up before my alarm this morning. Took a shower, then about 5 minutes in I thought 'Hm, maybe I should turn the heat up a little', which resulted in the shower's 'Hot water warning' light coming on and the water stopping, meaning I had to wash the shampoo out of my hair over the sink. THEN the shower decides to work again -_-
So after that, I went down to the biology building to collect my student ID. The lady at the desk in the office started speaking to me straight away in English, which surprised me, but whatever the language, I got my shiny new Tsukuba Student ID! *insert Link/Ash stance here* I then proceeded to go to the ISC to wait for Jen to show up, this time making sure to keep a lookout for her so she didn't come and jab me in the sides again ^^' We took a walk across to the bookshop (very nice in there, I might add), and glanced around before buying our bus passes, so we now have to make full use of the buses to get our money's worth. Then she showed me some Copic markers in the art shop below before we headed to the bus stop to take us to the Seven & I Holdings (Japanese version of 7-Eleven) to check if my recon was correct. Turns out, it was, so I now have a place to use my card at last, and I don't have to keep running to the central Post Office ^^
After getting back on the bus, we went to Tsukuba Centre and got on the train, taking us to the Kenkyu-gakuen Station one stop down, where I showed Jen to City Hall to apply for Alien Registration and Health Insurance, as I'd done a few days ago. This time I noticed a world map on the wall with numbers indicating how many foreigners from different countries are registered at Tsukuba; turns out there are about 64 Brits here. I feel a little sorry for the people who are the only nationals from their country, like the one Dane somewhere around Tsukuba
After unsuccessfully looking for a video game store I know is somewhere near the station, we hopped back on the train (I changed up a 10000 yen (approx. £75) note in the ticket machine, I got a looot of change XD) and headed back to Tsukuba Centre. Jen showed me a little mall where we found a video game arcade and a food market, and I bought a bottle of mango-flavoured cow piss-er, Calpis. It actually tastes pretty nice
We then went back to the combini outside my dorm, bought a couple of things (I bought a delicious pizza with a Danish dough base :-D), and then went our separate ways for the day. When I got back to my room, I had a quick shower, then went online for a few hours before my computer inevitably froze up, then I headed down to the 7-Eleven and bought a copy of Weekly Shonen Magazine. Mainly it has sporty manga and a few photos of swimsuit models (as indicated by the cover image which made me a little reluctant to buy it at all), but I wanted it for the 6 page full-colour Love Hina one-shot, and the 300th chapter of Negima! :-D
When I got back, after flicking through my new purchase, I restarted my computer, and then nearly shat myself when I got the Blue Screen Of Death! I eventually got my computer working again, but it panicked me, so I went into the C drive and found where the biggest files were and I got a little shock - I had about 13GB of video I'd downloaded from Veoh which I totally forgot about: the whole Negima! live-action series. Luckily, I brought some DVD+RWs with me, so I quickly (well, as quickly as this computer goes in this weather) burned the videos onto disks, so I'm now out of the red on my C drive memory space :-) When the weather cools down I'll attempt another defrag
Anyway, that's about it for today, so I shall report again tomorrow ^^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home