Mattachu's Blog

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Japan - Day 17

Today was another good day ^^
Got up kinda early, and started by sorting out my rubbish and doing my laundry, which wasn't too bad. I had 2 bags of plastic bottles and a big bag of what I assume was combustible ^^' Then I went and took the bus around to Ichinoya, bumping into Jen coming out of the convenience store, ironically, before going to wait for my other friend
When we met up, we were going to the bus stop when we bumped into a guy who I'd met at the international students' party on Friday, who we invited along. We then took the bus into Tsukuba Centre. As we hadn't eaten lunch yet, we decided to find a place to eat, so we walked along a street I hadn't been down to see which restaurants there were, and we came across a ramen place which apparently, the guy's friend works at part-time in the week, so we decided to go there. As it turns out, it was really nice ^^ I had some sort of soy sauce ramen, and it was really filling ^^
After this, we walked furhter along the road to see if there was anything worth looking at, and we came to another big shopping mall, which we looked around. They have a Uniqlo there which sells clothes for a reasonable price, so I'll probably go there once I finally decide to buy another week's worth of clothes ^^' After this, we walked back to Tsukuba Centre and went down to the supermarket on the first floor of one of the big shopping malls, before going back to the bus station
Two of us got off a few stops before the other guy, as he wanted to dump his groceries back at his place and then get on with homework, so next we went to the 100 yen store to pick up a few things, before moving onto a store called Bulldog, which sells a bunch of weird and wonderful gifts and things. They had some nice plushies and novelty bins and stuff like that, so I may have to get something from there sometime. After finishing in there, we walked all the way back to her dorm, as she doesn't have a bus pass yet and I feel a little guilty getting her to pay all the time for her bus ticket ^^' So I carried her heavy grocery bag and we walked back to her place to drop off her groceries
Once we'd lightened the load a bit, we went to the bus stop to catch a bus nearer to Book Off, but we got half-eaten by mosquitos while we waited ><><), though I managed to keep her standing when she slipped most of the time, although in fairness, she was very good at staying upright by herself, there were just a couple of times when she said 'Okay, stop me, stop me!' when going down a hill ^^' Once we got to Ichinoya, about 40 minutes later, I got on the bus and got back home, where I ate dinner, and now here I am :-) I'm going to take a look at my Japanese homework, which is due Tuesday. I also discovered that another form is due in Tuesday, so I need to go to the staff room tomorrow to get a signature quick >< Aside from that, it's been another good day ^^ Back to the lab tomorrow

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home