Mattachu's Blog

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Japan - Day 19

Today's been a bit of a slow day v.v
I added some water to my dry DNA when I got to the lab, but upon testing, I think some of the DNA went AWOL, because I was getting negative readings in the spectrophotometer, so I did the procedure again, while PCRing the other samples. I left those two to finish over lunch/Japanese class. Japanese was alright, nothing special. Tomorrow I have Japanese AND kanji class so it should be more eventful. After Japanese I finally managed to creep up on Jen and jab her in the sides, so it's now 2-1 to her
Back at the lab, I was getting positive readings from the DNA, so I PCRed and gelled those samples too, which took until about 8pm. Meanwhile, the other PCR once again failed, as did the second one when it finally finished. In the meantime, I wrote a poem:

Broken

Unsteady, I walk on the tightrope of friendship,
High o'er the valley of fates worse than death,
I walk as it sways, to and fro, so unsettling,
Blown back and forth by the wind's bitter breath,
The fall that I fear lies just microns each side of me,
Loneliness lurks in the deep, with despair,
My friends lie ahead of me, oh-so-ephemeral,
Still I am cautious, and reach out with care,
For feelings too strong are akin to obsession,
And drive friends away, but if left on their own,
These ties, like a flower, will wilt when untended,
Then balance is gone, and I fall, all alone,
Broken bonds, broken bones.

After the experiment was finished, a couple of the guys in the lab invited me to go to dinner at a Chinese place, which was tasty. Then I made my way back to my room, but walked because the bus was a way off, and it was drizzling v.v When I got back, however, it was pouring down! It sounded amazing
Well, that's about all there was today. I've e-mailed my tutor to ask about getting a Japanese mobile phone, because everyone else has one and it turns out I missed a meet-up earlier today on account of not being able to get texts -_- 'Fuck my life' just about sums it up
So yeah, here's hoping tomorrow is a better day

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home