Mattachu's Blog

Sunday, October 03, 2010

Japan - Days 36-38

This weekend was pretty good :-D
Friday I learned about a new experiment - I finished the Western blot, then I did a protein assay. Because of finishing the Western blot I couldn't eat lunch with Jen again for the second day in a row -_- However, after I finished in the lab, I went to the Coco's by Hirasuna and met up with some friends and we had a quick drink, before meeting with a couple more people. By this time, we were on our second drink and so when we rode through campus to go meet some more people, it was... amusing ^^' After meeting about 5-6 more people, we went to a restaurant to hang out. I ordered a whiskey (which I barely drank any of because it didn't taste too good) and some karaage because I was kinda hungry by this point. I stopped drinking after this because I was starting to feel slightly ill. We then took a drunken bike ride (during which one of my friends fell off his bike) to the karaoke place, where we got a 4 hour package (overstaying by half an hour), and left at 6am when the sun was already up XD We ended up singing Disney for a lot of the evening, and I attempted To All Tha Dreamers (which I had to skip out of halfway through - I can't read Japanese that fast ^^' ) and Zetsubou Billy (which killed my throat - I can't sing screamo). Two of my friends fell asleep in the booth for a little while, one of them for almost the whole night ^^' I was sober by the time we finished though, so the ride back wasn't as amusing as it could have been ^^'
On Saturday morning I met up with Jen and we bused to Tsukuba Centre before walking along to WonderGOO. We didn't buy anything, but it's always nice to look :-) We then went to the supermarket so she could get her groceries, which involved us trying to translate a kanji at one point to find out why a croquet was called 'Lord Croquet' ^^' Then I rode the bus round the loop with Jen and got back home. At 4.30 I met up with a bunch of people and we cycled for about an hour to the neighbouring city of Tsuchiura, where there was a massive fireworks display. I took a short video on my phone but it really doesn't do it justice. We ended up sitting on a hillside about a mile from where we stopped our bikes, because there were so many people there and there was nowhere else to sit/stand. After this, we rode back and grabbed a drink from the combini, then sat outside Oikoshi. We planned to go to karaoke, but a couple of other people dropped out and, as I spent way too much money on Friday night, I decided I'd better call it a night too
Today I woke up at 11.30 to a text message from a friend asking if a few of us wanted to get together for some lunch. We cycled from Ichinoya to Tsukuba Centre, then went to the supermarket and got some lunch. I bought a couple of onigiri, a pack of dango and a coke, which all tasted good, though the dango were VERY sweet ^^' After this, one of my friends left, so me and my other friend walked around for a bit. She bought a really expensive shirt, but she gets a scholarship so I guess it doesn't worry her XD We then went back to Ichinoya, and from there I went home for a couple of hours to shower and do my laundry. Then at about 6 a few of us met for lunch at the Ichinoya cafeteria. I ordered karaage curry, but I swear some guy took my order before me because I waited for about 10 minutes before realising that they'd served up something else with karaage by mistake. I still managed to finish before the rest of them though XD Me and Jen then went to the combini and bought a bit of chocolate, then petted a little cat for a few minutes before I cycled back, and now here I am. I've got to study a little for my Japanese presentation tomorrow, but aside from that, I'll chill the rest of tonight :-) Night all

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home