Mattachu's Blog

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Japan - Days 33-35

This week keeps getting better and better
Tuesday, I don't even remember what happened now, to be honest... I think it was just more failed experiments, nothing special. And I found out that we're giving individual presentations in Japanese in the near future - mine's sometime next week. The theme is 'the best day of your life so far', so I'm going to adapt the time Maria visited over the summer to fit in some more grammar points. Oh, and I managed to write a poem in the lab:

The Wishing Star

Why must love always be so far?
A night sky lit by one lone star,
Which sometimes falls to Earth, on fire,
A thousand passions to inspire,
Until it hits the ground and dies,
And tears form once more in my eyes,
For love, both lost and never known,
Now I have none to call my own,
Yet still I wish upon that star,
That soon my love won't be so far.

Wednesday, I had a kanji class for the first time in weeks, which wasn't too bad. We worked on season and temperature kanji. I submitted the homework, and I really need to prepare for the test next Wednesday. In Japanese class, we had another presentation sprung on us - this time a pair presentation talking about a place we recommend everyone to visit. My friend who I'm partnered with wants to recommend our Japanese teacher visits the Moon... and stays there XD In the lab, once again my gel failed, and here's the even worse thing - some people were meeting to go eat/drink at 7.30pm, but I thought I was doing something in the lab at 7. Therefore, I waited... and waited... and waited some more. In the meantime, I wrote a poem:

See The Light

When naught but darkness fills your sight,
In life and love, you'll lose the fight,
A nice thought keeps the dark away,
The challenge is to make it stay,
To stop the darkness coming back,
And staining heart and mind jet-black,
Loved ones and friends bring light to you,
And stop the dark from breaking through,
So, as the Sun feeds life on Earth,
A friendship can, to joy, give birth.

At 7.20-ish, I asked the person in my lab if we were going to the mouse room soon, or tomorrow, and her answer was - tomorrow. I was in such a foul mood, I even turned down going to eat with the people from my lab - I just wanted to go home. I felt a little bit better come bedtime, but my throat was starting to feel a bit rough
By Thursday, this had turned into a full-blown sandpapery throat. In the lab, I started off by being taught a new experiment -Western blotting, where you have antibodies bind proteins in a sample. In Japanese class, I handed in the script for my 'Daily Speech', but made a huge error - I thought the homework was for Friday, but alas, it was for Thursday -_- I had to hand it in half-complete, having missed the final half... I went down to City Hall after this, to pay my health insurance. As it transpires, I could have saved 360 yen by doing this at the combini... On the way back, I finished off yet another poem:

Hate And Love

Feelings misplaced and misdirected,
Thoughts and dreams analysed, dissected,
Hopes of love shot down, rejected,
Happiness, by hate infected.

Then someone, their desire uncovers,
Soon your bleeding heart recovers,
Warms once more, and then discovers,
That you both are soulmates, lovers.

Back at the lab, I discovered that there was a meet-up for Chinese food at 7.30pm. As I was due to go to the mouse room at 6pm, after finishing off today's session of Western blotting, I figured that I'd have plenty of time. I spent about 2 hours in there, missing the meet-up. On top of that, I STILL can't get the hang of grabbing the mice by the scruff of the neck, partly for fear of being bitten/scratched. As it transpires, none of my Manchester friends went either, so I don't feel quite as bad about it now... But yeah, that's essentially my day. My sore throat has nearly cleared up, replaced by a runny nose. Hopefully the weekend will make up for all this shit

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home