Mattachu's Blog

Friday, December 05, 2008

Old Poetry

While browsing my Myspace page earlier on, I rediscovered some old poetry that I didn't even remember writing, so I'll post it up here and you can tell me what you think ^^

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stars

Love is elusive,
Like shining stars in the sky,
Wonderful to behold,
And yet so far from my reach.

After the sunset,
I stare at the sky,
The twinkling points of light,
Burning in the darkness.

The cold of the night,
It chills my heart so much,
Alone I gaze to the stars,
And wish they were closer to me.

I wait for sunrise,
The glorious golden sunshine,
The star so close I can feel it,
The love to fill me with warmth.

But for now I gaze on,
Up into the night sky,
At the shining constellations,
The beautiful twinkling stars.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Cave

Within the cave, I walk,
Searching for the exit from this misery,
I have been looking all my life,
But I do not wish to continue for eternity.

The darkness is all-consuming,
All hope and happiness disappears,
The blindness of my heart,
Knowing no love all these years.

Suddenly, a burst of light,
Down a passage in the distance,
Could it be the answer? My escape?
I follow it as though in a trance.

I am lead deeper into the dark by the light,
Sure that it would lead me to the Sun,
But then an evil creature extinguishes the flame,
I am once again trapped, the light was not the One.

I search for the end once again,
I search for a long time,
I see a twinkling, it has been there for years,
But to it, I had been blind.

I follow this spark, it grows warmer,
But as I reach out to touch it,
I am burnt, and my soul is charred,
Yet the flame stays dimly lit.

As I search once more, the flame trails me,
Providing a small warmth, but not enough,
I feel my way through the tunnels,
Knowing the journey will remain tough.

I heard the crackling of flames up the passage,
It sounds familiar, but now I wonder,
I get quite close, then it taunts me so,
My heart is blown asunder.

Still I search, as I've always done,
I think I see another light,
But my heart and soul are full of doubt,
Maybe, this time, could I be right?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alphabet Poem 1

A cloak of shadow,
Black upon a white canvas,
Crying tears of anger and sadness,
Deep in an abyss of sorrow.

Everything is tainted,
Fogged by twisted perception,
Golden sun eclipsed by the dark moon,
Hatred and love entwined.

I am waiting,
Just as I have always been,
Killed slowly from the inside,
Love unrequited.

My heart is aching,
No-one to love, no-one to love back,
Only the depths of despair,
Plunged into a sea of pain.

Quietly I suffer,
Reality causing only pain,
Secretly I wish you loved me,
Though it's impossible.

Unable to hold you,
Vexed by my inner feelings,
Wanting you to say those three words,
Expressing love for me.

Yearning for words you will never say,
Zephyrs of doubt are blowing my way.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alphabet Poem 2

A radiant sunrise glows with light,
Breezes spread the scent of flowers,
Cloudless skies with flocks of birds,
Dazzling butterflies flit for hours.

Evenings on a sunset beach,
Feeling the sand and hearing the sea,
Glittering stars in the sky at night,
Heavens in happy harmony.

I walk along a country path,
Just strolling through the fields of wheat,
Knees being brushed by waving grass,
Listening to birds that chirp and tweet.

My wandering brings me to a hill,
Night closes in as the sun sets,
On soft green grass I rest my head,
Perfect to take a comfy rest.

Quiet as the night goes on,
Resting here so peacefully,
Seeing you here in my dreams,
The hope I have that you love me.

Upon the sight of you I smile,
Vibrantly your beauty shines,
Whenever we are both together,
Excitement and happiness fill my mind.

You'd make me whole if you loved me,
Zenith of my hopes and dreams.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

French Poem

Dans les montagnes des Pyrénées,
Je cours entre les arbres,
Je veux trouver la solution,
La réponse de tous mes questions.

Le vent sur mon visage,
Les oiseaux qui chantent,
L'air des montagnes chante aussi,
La chanson des âges.

Le passé, le présent, l'avenir,
Je veux trouver la vérité,
Je suis qui? Je suis quoi?
Pourquoi est-ce que j'existe?

Après quelques jours,
J'arrive à la mer,
L'eau est un blue-clair,
Comme la ciel, sans nuages.

J'entends un bruit,
Je tourne, et je vous voir,
J'entends votre voix,
Mais ton visage est obscurci.

"Ne t'inquiétes pas," vous ditez,
"La réponse de tes questions,
C'est dans ton c--ur,"
Et vous m'approchez.

Je vous tiens dans mes bras,
Et vous me tenez aussi,
Nous embrassons avec passion,
Et j'ai trouvé la solution.

---

(In the mountains of the Pyrenees,
I run between the trees,
I want to find the solution,
The answer to all my questions.

The wind on my face,
The birds that sing,
The mountain air sings too,
The song of ages.

The past, the present, the future,
I want to find the truth,
Who am I? What am I?
Why do I exist?

After several days,
I arrive at the sea,
The water is a light blue,
Like the sky, without clouds.

I hear a sound,
I turn, and I see you,
I hear your voice,
But your face is obscured.

"Don't worry," you say,
"The answer to your questions,
It's in your heart,"
And you approach me.

I hold you in my arms,
And you hold me too,
We kiss with passion,
And I have found my answer.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cloudshine

I’m walking through the shadowed city streets,
I listen to my heart each time it beats,
I look up to the sky and think of you,
Between the night-time clouds a star shines through,
Despite the inky blackness of the night,
The clouds above appear a pearly-white,
Despite the cautious warnings of my mind,
Some hope inside my heart I still can find,
I think that somehow you might like me too,
And so I wonder what I have to do,
To show you that upon this crowded Earth,
No other person has a greater worth,
Than you, inside my heart, and in my eye,
As once again I gaze into the sky.

1 Comments:

At 1:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

next time can we get some blank verse?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home