Mattachu's Blog

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Japan - Day 77

Well, I'm ridiculously tired, but I'm not gonna get a chance to update over the next few days, and as I hope for those days to result in long blog posts, I thought I'd better update now, before I go to bed
Today started in a pretty average fashion. Lab-wise, I finished off one Western blot, which didn't work out, and started another to see if the sample concentration was the problem or whether it was another factor; I'll find out tomorrow. In Japanese class, there were only 5 people - a drop from the 6 last lesson. We worked on the roleplay drills which will be used in our final exam. I need to memorise them, but I get the general gist already which is good. After Japanese, while we were walking back, we talked about where to eat in the evening. I mentioned the karaage place, The Beckoning Chicken, as I'd gotten a leaflet through my postbox about it (alongside another birthday card :-D) earlier on, and it sounded alright. Molly said that if I could get a bunch more people to go too, we could go there, and then I got told later that someone else had mentioned Chinese instead, so I decided to be diplomatic and send everyone a message saying we'd put it to vote when we met up at 7.30pm
I got out of the lab at about 6.30, and although it was cold out, I needed to get out to clear my head so I started cycling towards Tsukuba Centre. My camera batteries gave out as I reached the place I really wanted to photograph, typically, so I kept cycling through, intending to loop around Hot Stuff and back, but then decided I'd go look in WonderGoo for Pokémon Special. Again, all they had was the copy of 19 I'd left behind last time because I already had one, so I headed back to meet everyone, being the second to arrive, after Molly. All in all, 6 of us showed up, and we headed down to the restaurant
Apparently as we were getting seated, someone shouted to the kitchen about karaage, as most of us order karaage whenever we go there. And tonight was no exception - 4 of us ordered it, and as always, it was good :-D Afterwards, we took a quick walk around Bulldog, with Molly buying around 20,000 yen's (about £150's) worth of stuff, including a pyjama suit and a huge-ass pillow, all of which barely fit in her bike basket. We hung around outside Coco for a little while (Thursday night is Finlagan's night, where everyone gets majorly pissed, but as I've always got labs the next day I never partake, stupid labs -.-), then Kat and Molly left so I figured I'd leave too. I was warned that the internet wasn't working anywhere at the time, so I came back and had a nap, then opened up the internet when I woke up and eventually it started working. Almost as soon as I did, Derek messaged me saying he needed to talk some more, so we met up and talked for a little while before we headed back
And so here I am. I just uploaded some more photos to Facebook, and now I REALLY need to sleep. So, ciao for now, and hopefully the next time I upload I'll have a tonne of funny stories and equally funny pictures to show you :-D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home