Mattachu's Blog

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Japan - Day 76

Wow, my 100th blog post :-D
Anyways, Wednesday, Wednesday. I left early today so I could afford to stop and take photos on the way to the lab, though I still arrived at 8.50am. I finished off my Western blot, which still didn't work, so I've made a list of things to do tomorrow to try and get it to work. I had to clear all the mouse cages after class, which took forever because as well as my usual mice, I had to move the crazy ones to clean cages too. They're almost big enough to climb out of the cages; one got its claws over the rim just as I was going to pick it up. Still, I got it done
Anyway, in kanji class we submitted homework and worked on two lessons' worth of kanji. We have a test next week, so I need to study. In Japanese class, there were only 6 of us there. We watched the model conversation on the DVD, and then looked over our pair presentations - I'm gonna be Harry Potter, and Mike's going to be Keith Richards. This should be... interesting XD
After labs, I went to the gyoza restaurant with Kat, Mike (American Mike), Molly, Derek and Ciaran. I had 20 this time, a step up from my usual 15, and was much more satisfied come the end :-D After that, all of us went to the 7-Eleven, then all except Derek sat and talked outside for a while. I bought a 'cheese-flavoured' ice lolly, but it just tasted of Mini Milks (very nostalgic :-p)
After being back in my room for a few hours, Derek came over at about 1am, and we chatted for about an hour about our respective emotional issues and our past and (in his case) present relationships. I think that's the longest face-to-face serious conversation I've ever had; I've had longer ones on MSN, I'm sure, but still. We do seem to have a lot of similar issues, so I guess it's good for both of us to have someone to talk to about our insecurities
Once Derek left, I stayed up another few hours, and am just now thinking about going to bed. I SERIOUSLY need to get an early night tomorrow night, or I'm never gonna survive what I'm hoping is going to be an epic weekend of partying :-D So with that, I'll be off
I hope tomorrow (and the rest of the week) looks as sunny as this :-D
Night ^^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home