Mattachu's Blog

Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Japan - Day 75

Today started off chilly, as usual, but thanks to my new heater, getting out of bed wasn't too bad once I'd had it on for a little while. I decided to take my camera with me today, despite the fact that it only had a little bit of battery power left. I had a breakfast of ramen noodles, which tasted great :3 Then I headed out to the lab, where I spent the day doing more Western blotting. I was asked to clean out some more mouse cages, presumeably because the person who normally cleans them (the assistant professor, I think) is busy. They were called ICR mice, and although I'm not sure what the acronym stands for, my guess is 'Incredibly Crazy Rodents', as they were zipping around their cages like crazy. I only had to change their water and food today, as they were almost all out of it, but tomorrow I have to move them to clean cages, which should be... interesting. Japanese class was alright, we had to submit homework but aside from that, nothing out of the ordinary. Except that I suck at keigo ^^' On the way to Japanese class, I tried taking a couple of pictures of campus. I got two before the batteries ran out in my camera, so I've recharged them and will try again tomorrow. Having looked at Derek's blog a few weeks ago, I decided I need to make my blog look more impressive, so I'll start uploading a few pictures here to brighten it up :-)

On the way to the International Students' Centre

Matsumi Pond in autumn colours :3

After labs, I decided that it might be fun to invite the people in my lab to my birthday party/parties. I texted one guy in my lab to see if he thought they'd want to come. His response was a little weird. I think he said that they'd like to come, but that the people in my lab and my friends outside the lab were different groups (duh), but it also sounded like he thought it would be good to invite them if I wanted, so I'll get on that tomorrow
I hung out with Derek at the combini for a little while, then we went to check if Kuraudo, the okonomiyaki restaurant I want to go to on Saturday, was open on weekends, which it is, luckily ^^' We took a bit of a windy way back so as not to get dragged along to one of the bars on the way home, but we probably would've been okay if we rode fast enough XD Then I came back to my nice warm room. Attempted to toast my ham and cheese sandwich close to the heater on full blast, as apparently Jordan managed to work a frying pan over his, but it just got it slightly warm and I got bored fast, so I ate it XD
Anyways, that's about it for me today. I just got done with some homework - for our final presentations in Japanese class, we have to do an interview with a celebrity, and I've decided to play Harry Potter XD This should be interesting... Anyways, night night ^^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home