Mattachu's Blog

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Snow Poem

Well, I asked Mia to give me a noun so I could write a poem about it, and she gave me 'Snow'. As luck would have it, I was already writing a poem about snow, in the style of Wordsworth's 'I Wandered Lonely As A Cloud'. So I just managed to finish it off, and here it is:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I Wandered Silent As A Shade (Snow Poem)

I wandered silent as a shade,
That floats on through the foggy night,
When all at once the lights did fade,
A host of stars obscured from sight;
Beside the moon the clouds drift by,
And hide the glimmering midnight sky.

Continuous as a rolling stream
that flows on through the grassy plain,
The clouds have masked the starlight's gleam
and filled the air with freezing rain:
Ten thousand droplets hit the ground,
As Heaven falls down all around.

The wind does cause the trees to shake,
When suddenly the storm grows slow,
The raindrops turn to fluffy flake,
And to the ground falls pure white snow;
A veil of silk now coats the earth,
And to a beautiful scene gives birth.

The snowflakes settle on the grass,
And turn the scene from black to white,
The clouds across the moon do pass,
And leave us with a starry night;
And now my heart with glee doth glow,
As now I see the winter snow.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please comment and tell me what you think ^^

1 Comments:

At 5:48 PM, Blogger nanimonai said...

it's really beauty full matt i really love it it's much better than my poems

 

Post a Comment

<< Home